Download Our PDF Product Brochure
Iconic Fan Company Warranty
The warranty on your Iconic Fan Company product purchased in Australia is provided by the authorised product distributor (the distributor) in the state or territory where the product was purchased. For contact information please refer to page 20.
To obtain the best performance from a ceiling fan, it is cruicial that the correct size of fan is properly installed in the optimum location. We cannot arrange for, or cover the cost of, an on-site visit by service personnel in relation to the airflow or other performance of your product except in cases where, following over the telephone trouble-shooting, the distributor has determined that such issues may be a direct result of a manufacturing defect (material or workmanship). Fans that do not perform as expected or desired and which are not faulty will not be replaced or exchanged under warranty.
All ceiling fans and associated products should be installed by a licensed electrician. Installing electricians who are experiencing problems with installation or who cannot get the product to operate correctly once installed should read the 'Trouble-Shooting Section' of the installation guide or contact the distributor.
The benefits provided to you by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
The warranty on your Iconic Fan Company product purchased in Australia begins from the day of purchase.
The ceiling fan itself, excluding accessories such as the Remote Control Transmitter and Receiver, Accessory Light Kit & WallControl, is covered by a three (3) year on-site wrranty. During this period, the distributor will, at its discretion, repair or replace products considered to be defective due to a manufacturing defect (material or workmanship).
Iconic Fan Company Remote Control Receiver and Transmitters (Handsets), Accessory Light Kits (intergreated or externally mounted) and Wall Controls are covered by a 1 year on-site warranty under the same conditions as described for fans. No further warranty is offered on these items after the 1 year period.
Repaired or Replaced Products
Any replaced or repaired product is covered onlly by the balance of the warranty remaining on the original article.
Transfer of Warranty
If the premises where the fan or remote control is installed changes hands, the balance of the warranty passes to the new owner, provided that the original bill of sale for the product is retained by the new owner.
Terms and Conditions
The warranty on your Iconic Fan Company product purchased in Australia is provided on the following terms and conditions;
- You should consult the distributor by telephone or email prior to making any arrangements to service or remove the product. Reimbursements for labour or product delivery costs will not be met without prior approval from the distributor.
- Labour costs (to a maximum of $100 inc. GST) and product delivery costs relating directly to a warranty claim will be met by the distributor during this period, however it is the responsibility of the owner to arrange for a licensed electrician to complete any necessary labour.
- The cost of obtaining or using any required special access equipment (scissor lifts, scaffolding, long ladders, etc.) to install or remove the ceiling fan is specifically excluded and it is the responsibility of the owner to provide such equipment and have it saely installed and operated.
- The warranty for the fan does not cover damage to the fan if it is moved from one dwelling to another during the warranty period. The warranty is voided in total if the product is sold as second hand goods.
- Iconic Fan Company Ceiling Fans not purchased and installed in Australia are not eligible for warranty repair
- Fans not installed by a licensed electrician are not elibile for warranty repair.
- Batteries for remote controls and globes, if supplied, are complimentary only and are not covered by the warranty.
- Any damage incurred to the product after delivery to the owner, that is not caused by a fault in the products' materials or workmanship; damage from lightning or power surges; damage to the fan due to incorrect installation; damage to the premises due to incorrect installation; noise or other influence of ripple control or information access systems operation over power delivery infrastructure; water damage of any kind; installation or use outdoors; damage arising from connection to or use with alternative power systems (e.g. inverters, solar, etc.) are not eligible for warranty repair.
- Ceiling fans used incorrectly, accidentally damaged, modified in any way or not serviced in accordance with the maintenance instructions are not eligible for warranty repair.
- Subject to any statutory provisions to the contrary, any claims for damage to furniture, carpet, walls, ceilings, foundations or any other consequential loss either directly or indirectly resulting from a faulty ceiling fan will not be met under this warranty.
- The distributor reserves the right to charge a service call fee where; there is nothing wrong with ceiling fan or; the defective operation of the ceiling fan is due to failure of electricity or; the installation is not in accordance with iconic Fan Company instructions and/or applicable local regulations or; the defects have been cause by incorrect application or abuse of the ceiling fan or the damage has been caused by unauthorised persons attempting to repair the fan.
Australian Consumer Law
In addition to your rights under the Iconic Fan Company, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. you are also entitled to have the good repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.